Thursday, October 30, 2014

so called "idols"

Youtube.
Anybody's ticket to instant "accidental stardom".
One click and BOOM the world is watching you.
You know what they say about the internet. "Once it's out there, there is no undoing it."

And it is really amazing as to how much people would do to get famous or these days,
  internet famous.

What really made me think that way?
Well I stumbled onto this article on the net today.
Synopsis: The blogger (who shall not be named) felt that youths follow "blindly".
                One of the so-called youtube stars was mentioned. Well apparently it is your
                typical big blue eyed, blonde hair make up guru who regularly post videos on
                fashion and makeup/lifestyle. Does a whole variety of videos to help the average
               young thang from getting through day-to-day looking your best and hiding your
               imperfections
               with makeup tips and so on and so forth.(You kinda get the picture here.)
               And oh! guess what? She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks! -.-"
               Apparently an ambassador with some association that kinda deals with mental health and
               also
               snagged up 2 awards from kids/teens choice awards for best web star for fashion
               yada yada yada....
               (Dont mind me blurring out major details guys)
               She has alot of followers.. Basically very loved by her followers, as seen in the comments
               of her videos.... (I really hope you get the picture now:p)


I personally have never heard of her and trust me I do have my fair share of favourite youtube makeup gurus and I watch their videos religiously.
So you know, I decided to check her out, give her the benefit of a doubt. Cause I felt like the blogger was a "hater" towards that particular youtube personality.

Saw her channel and skipped all the make up and hair tutorials and went straight for the video where she did a Q & A about her anxiety and panic attacks.
It was a pretty long video, 22mins I think. So here I am mentally preparing myself to sit through the entire video and guess what? I stopped like 5-6mins into the video.

I am so sorry to be direct but honestly it was a bunch of crap. With a captial "C".

WHY??
She talks about giving tips on how to deal with anxiety and I remember one minute she mentioned,
"Just go to a public toilet, I know it isnt the best place but it is really quiet", or atleast somewhere along that line. And in the next minute or so, she goes on to say how she gets "claustrophobic".
If you are afraid of small spaces then why would you run into a small bathroom stall??
And she goes on to say about when you're talking to someone and an anxiety attacks just hits you,
"Remember to politely excuse youself from that person and blah blah blah"....
What?? If you are anxious, you wouldnt be thinking about manners and if you are being rude to people. You just dont.
You probably would not even realise you are being rude to someone, right?
Come on man, we are all human. We know what it is like to be anxious. Many of us have probably gone through panic attacks.

Why are you making it seem like it is really a disease for you to deal with? Im no hater and in my line of work, trust me, I have seen a good amount of people who have serious serious issues be it mental or physical or emotional and they all need proper care and time.

And I have also seen a good amount of impressionable youths just following pretty faces blindly. Worshipping their every word, kissing the ground they walk on. When in reality, there is not much difference between them and I.

I feel that this need for attention behaviour is really polluting the minds of youths these days.
I mean you can honestly tell the difference of one who suffers from anxiety and the ones who just says they do. Its sad. It is really sad. One shouldnt go to the extent of having "suffered" from a "disorder" to gain sympathy from their viewers. In fact it is like it is almost becoming a trend. It's Katherine Zeta-jones and Demi Lovato with that Bipolar Bullshit. (Please excuse my french.) Just because you pop pills to prevent you from blowing up like the Hulk doesnt mean you have a Bipolar disorder. It just means you are a lil bitch who cant control your anger. (Again, excuse my french.) And I see young teens mentioning that they have OCD or PTSD or multiple personality disorder like it is a cool thing to have. And I am pretty sure it is cause some celebrity has it. -.-"

Take a look at Naomi campbell for example. Everyone knows she has a temper. But I can really appreciate the fact that she lets people know that she DOES have a temper and she does not hide it behind some "diagnosis" that celebrities are doing these days.

All I see on Facebook and twitter is that everyone wants to be noticed. Everyone wants the limelight.
Everyone wants to be a star. Their whole life is that of a soap opera that everyone is literally dying to catch the next episode of.

Nothing is sacred to thyself. Not even thy body.


No comments: